[texbirds] Green-tailed Towhee at Tejas Camp, Lake Georgetown 12/21/14 (Local Interest)

  • From: Tim Fennell <tfennell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 17:53:30 -0800

Thanks to Chuck Sexton today, I was able to see the Green-tailed Towhee found
by Jim Hailey and his Georgetown CBC team on 12/18. It was on the north side of
the river between the bridge and the creek to the east of the bridge.

I spent the morning birding Williamson Co. west of I-35 and north of HWY 29. In
addition to the GTTO, other highlights of the 82 species for the morning
included male and female Eastern Towhees at Tejas Camp (with 15 sparrow species
overall for the morning-as many Fox and Harris's Sparrows as I can ever
remember seeing) and a Pyrrhuloxia on CR 220 west of Florence.

Cheers,
Tim Fennell
Round Rock, TX