[texbirds] Re: Green Parakeets in S Austin

  • From: jwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 10:36:24 -0600

Maybe, but face and wings appeared solid green. I did not see any
field marks Sibley show for the Monk Parakeets. Also, the size of the
birds appeared comparable to the female Grackles. Since I was able to
see six birds and all were alike I was pretty sure of them being
Greens, but I did not get a photo so it is not a definite call.
  Jay Wilbur
  Cedar Park, TX

Is it possible these are Monk Parakeets? Austin does have a few