[texbirds] Re: Green Kingfisher at Dinosaur Valley SP (Somervell Co)

  • From: "Charles W. Easley" <cwebirds@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <romeyswanson@xxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:25:43 -0600

Excellent find on the Green Kingfisher, I know of no other record for
Somervell county.  Pulich lists 1 record by two observers,
on 9 June1982 in Coryell County, just south of Bosque County.  Also one was
collected at Decatur, Wise County, on 3 Jan 1889.
I helped Carl Haynie on the checklist there before he moved to Washington
and the sighting of a Downy Woodpecker is also of
note.  Both of these are important to any future up-date of the checklist of
Dinosaur Valley SP.

Charles Easley
cwebirds@xxxxxxx