[texbirds] Greater Pewee and Bronze Mannikins-Bear Creek Park

  • From: HARRY FORBES <hforbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 18:08:39 -0800 (PST)

Today Ronny Moore and I visited Bear Creek Park in hopes of finding both
species.  We were successful.  The Greater Pewee was in the largest dead tree
directly across the road from Rest Area 9 and was seen about 5 PM.  The
Mannikins, seen at mid-morning, were on Bear Creek Parkway at the first open
area on the right after you pass the Equestrian turnoff.  Estimated flock size
was 20-25.
Harry Forbes (San Antonio and Port Alto)