[texbirds] Greater Pewee - Bear Creek Park - 3/23

  • From: Jean Greenhalgh <jeanbrit01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:35:23 -0700 (PDT)

After the HAS walk at Bear Creek Park on Saturday - Northern Parula on
equestrian trail was our best bird - I returned to Restroom 9 picnic table to
eat lunch.

At 1:10 pm Stephan Lorenz walked up and, he heard and then sighted the Greater
Pewee. We watched it for about 4 - 5 minutes. It was across the road from
restroom 9 towards the creek behind the picnic tables. We had very clear views
and I believe Stephan took some photos. It was last seen in the area where the
Great blue herons and pileated woodpeckers are building nests. Both herons were
present.

Sorry for delay in posting, it's my first post and I did it wrong the first
time, so thanks to
David Sarkozi for setting me right.

Jean Greenhalgh
Richmond, TX