[texbirds] Great Crested Flycatcher (?) at Edinburg Scenic Wetlands

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 07:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

hi, all!

Just wanted to report that I had a possible Great Crested Flycatcher on my
lunch break at ESW yesterday:  it was in a shaded section of a mesquite (I
think) along the north/south canal in the north gardens, but with a close,
clear  view.  What struck me was the uniformity of the head: a dark gray
throat  that blended evenly with the rest of the head, with no contrast that I
normally  see with Brown-crested.  Belly was bright yellow, with strong
white tertial  edgings and what appeared to be some pale coloration around the
base of the  bill, but very slight.  Unfortunately it didn't say anything...

Javi, keep an eye out! :-)  MB
Mary Beth  Stowe
McAllen, TX
_www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com/)