[texbirds] Gray Hawk(s) also at Anzalduas County Park & follow-up on Pine Warbler leg & feet coloration

  • From: SeEtta Moss <seettam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:58:15 -0600

I forgot to note that at least one Gray Hawk called a number of times late
this afternoon at Anzalduas County Park  Before I left I looked for it but
only found a nearby Red-tailed Hawk.
I also wanted to note that Pine Warblers are known to have yellowish feet
and legs in winter.  Thanks to Joseph Kennedy who kindly shared with me a
few of his excellent photos showing a Pine Warbler with yellowish legs and
feet.  And thanks to Petra Hockey who shared that the Peterson Field Guides
Series "Warblers"describes this.

SeEtta Moss
Colorado birder staying in Pharr
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @