[texbirds] Granger MountainPlover and Burrowing Owl 10/27/12

  • From: Tim Fennell <tfennell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 11:07:48 -0700 (PDT)

This morning I had time to make a quick circuit around Granger Lake (Williamson
Co.) from 10:30 -11:30 am for the first time in months. I
had my first two Mountain Plovers of the season foraging in the CR 352
"megafield" (seen from Alligator
Road looking south) and my FOS Burrowing Owl on Alligator Road at the
driveway with cactus and pink flowers east of Aubrey-Messer Road. From
the dam, some large rafts of waterfowl were visible which included
Gadwall, American Wigeon, Pintails, Scaup, Redheads and Coots but visibility
was poor with the
haze on this sunny day and other species could have been present.

Cheers,
Tim Fennell
Round Rock, TX (15 miles north of Austin)Travis Audubon Society