[texbirds] Granger CBC - Saturday, January 4th

  • From: Eric Carpenter <ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:24:55 -0600

Texbirders,

This year's Granger Christmas Bird Count (TXGR) will be held on
Saturday, January 4th, 2014. We invite birders of all skill levels to
participate.

Granger Lake in Williamson County is approximately 35 miles northeast
of Austin.  This is an important wintering habitat for many prairie
species such as Mountain Plover, longspurs, Burrowing and Short-eared
Owl, and Sprague's Pipit, with 20 species of sparrows documented on
the count. The Granger CBC area offers diverse habitat, and
participants will have the opportunity to count open farmland, fresh
water, riparian woodland, and Blackland Prairie habitat.

I have assumed the role of compiler for the count so please contact me
at <ecarpe@xxxxxxxx> if you are interested in participating.

--
Eric Carpenter
Austin