[texbirds] Granger

  • From: "Jim Hailey" <irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:52:43 -0600

I also went to Granger this morning.  I found the two cranes (one banded
with black/blue and #15) on CR 354.  After running into Tim I looked for the
Prairie Falcon and found in it on my final pass through just before the
intersection of CR 350 on CR 354.  I also had a Merlin on CR 359, many
Sandhill's, 4 Hooded Mergansers, Lesser Yellowlegs, Wilson's Snipe, many
Redtails and Harriers, and a large group of Brewer's Blackbirds.  No sign of
longsprus but did find the lone Burrowing Owl on CR 354 also in his usual
place.  Spent over 4 hours looking for the other Whoopers, but no luck.

Jim Hailey
President Elect
Texas Ornithological Society
110 Lavaca Lane