[texbirds] Re: Good Birding at Sabine Woods this A.M. (23 warblers in A.M.)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Berner Family <jcazberner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:26:22 -0500

 I am not sure what the situ is with Sabine Woods but, while not preaching
here, I would like to remind folks to make their contributions via the
silent rangers or whatever is there now...Many of us TOS TOS members put a
lot of personal money into securing that property even though they were too
far away to visit it. It was difficult to procure financial back in the
Eubanks, and Jim Peterson, days when I was just getting started on the
board of directors... The thing used to be a bear to maintain, at least
when I was an officer, and now especially after the hurricanes.  The
Whittle's, bless their hearts, and many volunteers work very hard to
maintain it ....If you are not a TOS member  (and you don't have to be to
visit Sabine Woods but like you to be :-), a 5.00 donation is such a
trivial thing for anyone's budget, but these donations do add up, just like
at HAS's High Island. I am sure TOS could use anything above that.  By this
TOS can maintain the properties (5) and build the funds for even more
purchases.  I am not speaking as a TOS board member, but as a long time
Life Member so I hope my comments are OK with the board.
BTW there is a Black-billed Cuckoo just across the fence as I type.

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas