[texbirds] Golden-winged Warbler at Resaca de la Palma state park, photo

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 20:00:12 -0700 (PDT)

This morning I was relaxing at the SPI Convention Center water feature when
Robin Zurovec mentioned to me that a Golden-winged Warbler had been spotted
earlier today at Resaca de la Palma State Park. I had decided that today was
the last day of Spring Migration birding for me -- and insofar as I had dipped
on my number one target bird for migration -- I zipped over to the state park.
Ranger Ruben Rangel and I scoured the tram loop for the Golden-winged, and we
found beautiful Blackburnian, Magnolia, Bay-breasted, Chestnut-sided, Yellow,
American Redstart and Black-and-White warblers -- but no Golden-winged. Ruben
suggested I check the parking lot area before I left, and as I wandered near
the park hosts' area I spotted one, and perhaps a second Golden-winged working
in the trees. Woo-hoo!

Here is a photo of the Golden-winged and some highlight birds today from the
state park, SPI and shorebirding yesterday on Rangerville Road:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/

and here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/page2/

Bob Becker