[texbirds] Golden-crowned Warbler remains at Frontera Audubon - Weslaco

  • From: Sarah Williams <sarahannewilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:40:24 -0500

The Golden-crowned warbler was reported today at Frontera Audubon (1101 S.
Texas Blvd.) in Weslaco at approximately 12:20 by Jeff Rusinow of Phoenix.
It was seen sunbathing at a small water feature on the north loop. Others
got good looks of it too.
On Monday the 22nd I had Jay Lehman of Cinncinatti, OH stop by. He saw the
Golden-crowned from 11:30 to 12:50 about 4 different times. Jay is doing a
big year, and it was #685 on his list!

We've been seeing other warblers: Black & White, Black Throated Green,
Wilson's, Nashville, Tennessee, etc. I saw those this afternoon by our
water feature behind the visitor's center.

This morning I saw a Cooper's Hawk, and other hawks have been seen,
including 2 Zone Tailed hawks, but that was last week, and they haven't
been reported since.

Sarah Williams, Weslaco, TX
Executive Director
Frontera Audubon Society