[texbirds] Golden-cheeked Warbler & Rufous-crowned Sparrow, Austin

  • From: "Sanchez, Isaac C" <sanchez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 01:54:52 +0000

TEXBIRDERS
Late this afternoon my wife and I went looking for GCWAs that had been seen and
heard in yesterday's Big Day in the Park at Commons Ford Park in Austin.  Ed
Fair had been seen one on the west side of the inlet and I believed I had heard
one on the east side of the inlet, both trails head  south from the road.
Today we heard 3 on the east side of the inlet and photographed one, who was
very cooperative.  As we approached close to this singing male, we used old
fashion spishing to arouse his curiosity and he immediately responded. The
spishing also brought in a couple of curious Rufous-crowned Sparrows that
perched in soft and beautiful light.  Photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/isaaccsanchez/sets/72157633205367845/detail/

Isaac Sanchez
Austin