[texbirds] Re: Golden cheeked warbler (Good news)

  • From: "gil.eckrich" <gil.eckrich@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Charles W. Easley'" <cwebirds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:56:09 -0500

I will not address the numbers of GCWA rangewide, but knowledgeable
reviewers of the manuscript had issues. I will state that the same folks,
using this methodology, came up with the astounding number of 31,000+
Black-capped Vireos on Fort Hood, including highest densities in an area
that is basically a cleared landing zone. The correct number of BCVI on the
installation is difficult to determine, but is definitely well below 10,000.

Gil Eckrich
Belton