[texbirds] Golden cheeked warbler (Good news)

  • From: "Charles W. Easley" <cwebirds@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:49:41 -0500

All Texas birders:

The work of the past 40-50 years by concerned Texas birders and conservation
people may be paying off. A & M researchers calculate the rangewide population
of male Golden
Cheeked Warblers in Texas at a shade over 263,000. Previous surveys counted
roughly 9,000 to 54,000 birds.  To understand the survey better and read about
the findings of the
Fish and Wildlife Service see
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/a-m-study-places-golden-cheeked-warbler.

This, I believe, proves in part, that the bird is in better shape, number wise,
than we thought. And my friend, Warren Pulich, now passed, would be excited
about the findings of the
survey. We can make a difference by the things we preserve and protect.

Charles Easley
Life Member TOS
cwebirds@xxxxxxx