[texbirds] Glossy Ibis, Stilt Sandpiper, Wilson's Phalarope at Santa Ana NWR, 12/30

  • From: "Ken Hartman" <kahartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 07:34:21 -0600

Valley Birders,

My party (Kathy Hartman, Phil Yates, and self) found a Glossy Ibis in a
flock of ~28 Plegadis ibis at Pintail Lake #3 in Santa NWR yesterday around
1:30.  We had good scope views from 50' and Phil got photos, which I'll post
when available.  Just across the berm in Pintail #3 among the Black-necked
Stilts were a Stilt Sandpiper and the continuing Wilson's Phalarope.

Ken Hartman

Houston, TX