[texbirds] Glaucous Gull in Cedar Bayou 2/25/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:27:02 -0500 (EST)

I just left the Glaucous Gull in Cedar Bayou near Thompson's fish camp. I
ran into Cin-ty Lee and he was able to spot it with his scope and after that
it  was easy to find. He also found at least one Lesser Black-backed Gull
on the  Harris Co side and 3 on the Chambers Co side and there were literally
thousands  of gulls in the Bayou and up on the hill at the dump. I believe
there were  probably at least 4000-6000 gulls with Laughing being the most
prevalent but  plenty of Ring-billed and Herring as well.

Just go past where you turn to the fish camp and go to the dead end where
the old bridge used to be. When we last saw it, it had flown over on to the
Chambers Co side and was sitting with a large flock of mixed gulls on that
side.

This Red-breasted Merganser was right by Thompson's fish camp pier
yesterday and the Glaucous Gull was from today in Cedar Bayou.
_http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBN
QB#!i=2382325518&k=3XsZBk3_
(http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=2382325518&k=3XsZBk3)

David  Hanson