[texbirds] Glaucous Gull

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:44:04 -0800 (PST)

I found and photographed the Glaucous Gull at about 12:20 pm today at Boca
Chica. I scoured both sides of the river but could not come up with the Little
Gull. There were hundreds of gulls, terns, sandpipers, pelicans and other birds
there today. Two birders alerted me to the presence of the Glaucous about 1/4
mile south of the entrance road on to the beach, towards the river. Thanks to
Dan Jones  for his report.

Photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/sets/72157638997525185/

Bob Becker
Rancho  Viejo