[texbirds] Galveston Surf Scoter yes, Freeport Western Grebe yes

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 20:39:34 -0500 (EST)

After working a few hours at Lafitte's Cove we headed to 99 th Steet and
into the neighborhood there and found the Surf Scoter in the pond it has been
in  right across from the two model homes. Afterwards we ran down FM 3008
to  Freeport to where the Western Grebe had been found and it was not there
so we  headed down to Quintana and and it was fairly dead down there except
for some  Redheads and Gadwall. We headed back and stopped again and there it
was right  where it had been.

pictures
http://smu.gs/18hrBEb

David and Jan  Hanson