[texbirds] GOS- Galv Is Monday report(forwarded)

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:17:53 -0500

fwrd from GOS (J Stevenson)
03/24/14
Here are my approximate numbers for what I saw in a few hours today:

Ruby-throated Hummers                  6
Chimney Swift                                   1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker                 2
Great Crested Flycatcher                  1
Eastern Phoebe                                3
swallows pouring overhead       hundreds
robins                                                4
Gray Catbird                                      2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher                      4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet                      4
Cedar Waxwing                                1
White-eyed Vireo                              8
Red-eyed Vireo                                 2
Yellow-throated Vireo                      3
Black-and-white Warbler                15
Northern Parula                               11
Yellow-throated Warbler                 13
Orange-crowned Warbler                5
Yellow-rumped Warbler                  9
Hooded Warbler                             24 (!)
Worm-eating Warbler                     1
Black-throated Green                     1
Blue-winged Warbler                     1
Louisiana Waterthrush                  4 (!)
Orchard Oriole                               2
Lincoln's Sparrow                           2

--
Monte
I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends