[texbirds] GCBO birds today

  • From: Cecilia-home <criley02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:56:38 -0600

Finally...some interesting birding at GCBO this afternoon after a " dry" couple
of weeks. Buffalo Camp Bayou that flows along the western border of our
sanctuary is pretty low, exposing all kinds of good marshy habitat for foraging
birds. Seen this afternoon were 6 Wilson's Snipe, a Solitary Sandpiper, a horde
of Killdeer and a bunch of peeps, perhaps others too but it was getting dark.
Back on the Wren trail Mike flushed a Woodcock so called me (I was back in my
office working on a proposal) and I ran out quick to see it. In my chase I
flushed it twice - so fun to hear the trill of the wings as it moved deeper
into the forest. We still have a friendly Buff-bellied Hummer, a Wilson's
Warbler, and lots of butter butts and goldfinches. Come on out to see us- I
think morning is the best light for birding the bayou marsh.

Life is better with birds!
Cecilia M Riley
Lake Jackson, Tx

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at