[texbirds] GCBO Smith Point hawk count, interesting birds today

  • From: Tony Leukering <greatgrayowl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:26:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all:
Tad Finnell did the count today, but I spent a little bit of time with him on
the tower at the end of the day, and have posted about it on the Smith Point
Hawk Watch blog (see signature).  Tad found the bird of the day shortly before
he left at 4, a Selasphorus hummingbird.  I stuck around for a while after he
left and managed to get some poor pix of the bird, and the bird seems to be an
immature male Allen's.  However, it is missing half its tail and has a rufous
feather in a place that seems wrong for Allen's.  I have posted four pix of the
bird on the blog.

Enjoy,

Tony

Tony Leukering