[texbirds] Re: GCBO Smith Point HW, 29 Sep

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:21:26 -0400

Brush -

How do you know the Mississippi Kite was lost - did it ask for directions?   Of
course, if it was a male it would never ask, but you probably could hear it
cursing its GPS unit.  :-)

Clay Taylor
Calallen (Corpus Christi) TX
Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 30, 2012, at 11:28 AM, "Brush Freeman"
<brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                                             Oh you people and your raptors,
Geeez.  Well John Maresh, Tira Overstreet and I had a very rare one in Port
O'Connor this morning so hold on to something solid...With our own eyes we saw
a very lost Mississippi Kite!  Sure did.!...Maybe my first here in several
years, maybe since Ebird began.....  "Oh go on", you say!
..................Also a Merlin that has taken up residence.  Now that's
hawk-watching!

  Not many migrants this morning due in part to the very windy conditions in
part but a few of the regular things.  Except for one Couch's all the yellow
kingbirds were silent in a steady mist so we did not get the Tropical to speak
though had a bird at the location that may well have been it.

  The wind here is distinctly from the north not SW, very gusty, and is
carrying a heavy mist/foggy ...71F at 11:00A

  19 Sandwich terns on an newly formed beach after almost 8" of very heavy
rains yesterday.

Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist
361-655-7641<tel:361-655-7641>
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas
The greatest musician of all time is mother nature.