[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Yturria Tract (Lower Rio Grande Valley NWR), Jun 10, 2015

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:59:16 -0500

Got out pretty early to check out Dan Jones' Yellow-breasted Chat and to
see what else was around. We did see and hear the chat, about a mile north
along the north-south trail (right where Dan had seen it).
Regards and good birding,

Tim ( and John) Brush
Edinburg, TX

Yturria Tract (Lower Rio Grande Valley NWR), Hidalgo, Texas, US
Jun 10, 2015 6:49 AM - 9:41 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.107 mile(s)
Comments: <br />Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 0.9.1 Build 4
34 species

Northern Bobwhite 8
Turkey Vulture 1
Swainson's Hawk 2 pair
Eurasian Collared-Dove 1
Common Ground-Dove 2
White-tipped Dove 2
White-winged Dove 24
Mourning Dove 4
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 3 one carrying food
Greater Roadrunner 1
Golden-fronted Woodpecker 2
Ladder-backed Woodpecker 2
Ash-throated Flycatcher 2 I heard one and John had a good look--other
heard separately
Brown-crested Flycatcher 8
Great Kiskadee 2
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 3
White-eyed Vireo 6 2 were older fledglings with a singing male
Verdin 7
Bewick's Wren 1
Long-billed Thrasher 4
Northern Mockingbird 24
Yellow-breasted Chat 1 Heard and seen. Doing a simple whistle followed
by chatter. Obviously largish warbler type bird, yellow on breast brown on
back.
Olive Sparrow 10
Lark Sparrow 2
Black-throated Sparrow 2 one carrying food
Northern Cardinal 6
Pyrrhuloxia 5
Blue Grosbeak 4 pair plus singing males
Painted Bunting 2
Dickcissel 2
Great-tailed Grackle 8
Bronzed Cowbird 3
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Bullock's Oriole 1 subadult male calling, singing, and foraging in
mesquites at northern section of trail we did today

View this checklist online at