[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Feb 8, 2014

  • From: Mark and Joanie Hubinger <mjhubrr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 18:40:24 -0500

Hi Texbirders, sorry for the late post, but internet a bit touchy at the
refuge today.  Lots of birders and birds today...we did 2 walks, morning
and afternoon.  Our highlights were:  GRAY HAWK, STILT SANDPIPER, a pair of
RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRDS, GREEN KINGFISHER at canal near VC, CLAY-COLORED
THRUSH, and NASHVILLE WARBLER.  57 species total.  Major & Mary will be
leading the 8:30AM Birdwalk Sunday through Tuesday.
We will be giving a free program, "Birding Adventures in Trinidad and
Tobago" on Tuesday, February 18th at 2:00PM in the Santa Ana NWR Auditorium.

Mark & Joanie Hubinger
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana NWR
Alamo, Texas

Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Hidalgo, US-TX
Feb 8, 2014 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments:     morning bird walk...Willow Lakes & Pintail #5
48 species

Mottled Duck  3
Blue-winged Teal  X
Cinnamon Teal  2
Northern Shoveler  X
Green-winged Teal  X
Plain Chachalaca  X
Least Grebe  1
Turkey Vulture  1
Harris's Hawk  2
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Black-necked Stilt  X
Killdeer  6
Spotted Sandpiper  1
Lesser Yellowlegs  3
Long-billed Dowitcher  X
Wilson's Snipe  10
Mourning Dove  1
Inca Dove  X
Common Ground-Dove  2
White-tipped Dove  X
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2     pair, male with red throat
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  X
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  X
American Kestrel  1
Eastern Phoebe  3