[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Feb 21, 2014

  • From: Mark and Joanie Hubinger <mjhubrr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:46:02 -0600

Nice birding in the refuge this morning with 65 species seen including 10
duck species, the new duck being a female BUFFLEHEAD, not common here.
 Along the Chachalaca Trail, 4 COMMON PAURAQUE  were found, 2 CLAY-COLORED
THRUSH  were singing, along with a singing NORTHERN-BEARDLESS TYRANNULET.
 The GRAY HAWK was again seen along the levee by Visitor's Center both
going out and coming back from our walk.  We'll be at it again tomorrow at
8:30AM, so come out and join us!
Mark & Joanie Hubinger
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana NWR
Alamo, Texas

Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Hidalgo, US-TX
Feb 21, 2014 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Morning Bird Walk
65 species (+1 other taxa)

Gadwall  X
American Wigeon  2
Mottled Duck  2
Blue-winged Teal  X
Cinnamon Teal  1
Northern Shoveler  X
Northern Pintail  1
Green-winged Teal  X
Ring-necked Duck  1
Bufflehead  1
Plain Chachalaca  X
Least Grebe  2
Pied-billed Grebe  4
Great Egret  3
White-faced Ibis  5
Turkey Vulture  X
White-tailed Kite  1
Cooper's Hawk  1
Harris's Hawk  4
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Gray Hawk  1
Sora  2
American Coot  1
Black-necked Stilt  25
Killdeer  2
Spotted Sandpiper  1
Solitary Sandpiper  1
Greater Yellowlegs  8
Lesser Yellowlegs  1
Wilson's Snipe  1
Mourning Dove  2
Inca Dove  X
Common Ground-Dove  2
White-tipped Dove  3
Common Pauraque  4     along Chachalaca Trail
Belted Kingfisher  1
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  X
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  X
American Kestrel  1
Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet  1     heard
Eastern Phoebe  2
Great Kiskadee  X
White-eyed Vireo  6
Green Jay  X