[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Brushwood South, Oct 4, 2014

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 13:45:19 -0500

Banding at our land near Edinburg (Hidalgo Co.).--small numbers but no
complaints!
Regards,
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX

Brushwood South, Hidalgo, US-TX
Oct 4, 2014 7:15 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Mark Conway, Ki Brush and I--banding and watching birds from
banding table--shallow standing water on trail and in woods between west
and central clearing--from heavy rains in September--saw one toadlet--a few
mosquitoes
22 species (+1 other taxa)

Cooper's Hawk  1     Mark saw brown-backed bird fly low--shut the
neighbors' chickens up
Broad-winged Hawk  240     groups taking off and heading south, mid-morning
Swainson's Hawk  1     adult on its own--may or may not be migrating
Rock Dove (Domestic type)  6     flying over
White-tipped Dove  1     heard singing
Mourning Dove  3
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  2
Great Kiskadee  1
Tropical/Couch's Kingbird  2
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher  7     perching in trees and foraging out over
fields
Green Jay  3     banded!
Barn Swallow  15
Black-crested Titmouse  2     came to feeder--one landed on a pole for a
while
Bewick's Wren  1     seen first, then banded
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher  1     foraging near water drip and feeder but may
have been following titmice
Curve-billed Thrasher  3
Northern Mockingbird  2
Yellow Warbler  2
Olive Sparrow  1     singing early--may have been north of land a bit
Northern Cardinal  2     male and female, banded!
Red-winged Blackbird  3     flying over
Great-tailed Grackle  11     flying over or off plot
House Sparrow  5     heard off plot

View this checklist online at

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/tx)