[texbirds] Fwd: [SATXbirds] Ruddy Ground Dove 10/9/12 - Yes!!

  • From: Madeleine McDonald <mcdonald.mnm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:56:46 -0500

Forwarding for Andy....good news for people still hoping for a chance to
see the Ruddy at Crescent Bend.

Madeleine McDonald
San Antonio, Texas

From: "Andy Garcia" <agarcia101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "SATXbirds" <satxbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [SATXbirds] Ruddy Ground Dove 10/9/12 - Yes!!
Date: Tue, Oct 9, 2012 6:47 pm

 I waited for the bird yesterday from 4-6 pm and it was a no show. Today, I
got to Omar and Bluegill at 3 pm and six birders were waiting for it to
show with one being there since 7:30 am with no bird seen. I left at 4:30
and drove to the parking lot to check out the trail to the "goat" house.
Two ladies joined me and asked for directions to Omar and Bluegill. I drove
back to Omar at 5:15 where I saw folks with binocs and cameras focused on
an oak tree.  The bird had jumped three to four trees before landing on the
oak. This was the second oak tree east of Bluegill. The ruddy ground dove
was easy to see but hard to photograph. It appeared to be settling to roost
for the night. The was an Inca nearby on a branch, maybe a buddy or new
friend. It was still there when I left at 5:45. Please forward to Texbird
as my emails don't seem to go through. Thanks.****

** **

Andy Garcia****

San Antonio, TX.****

 __._,_.___
to sender
<agarcia101@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20Ruddy%20Ground%20Dove%2010%2F9%2F12%20-%20Yes%21%21>
to group
<SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20Ruddy%20Ground%20Dove%2010%2F9%2F12%20-%20Yes%21%21>
 Start
a New
Topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SATXbirds/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbmkzcjkzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTUyMQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzQ5ODI2NDQw>
 Messages
in this
topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SATXbirds/message/20008;_ylc=X3oDMTM1dWUya2R0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTUyMQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEbXNnSWQDMjAwMDgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzQ5ODI2NDQwBHRwY0lkAzIwMDA4>(1)
Recent Activity:

 Visit Your
Group<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SATXbirds;_ylc=X3oDMTJkZmYxamZwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTUyMQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGsDdmdocARzdGltZQMxMzQ5ODI2NDQw>
 [image: Yahoo!