[texbirds] Re: Fwd: Re: Help ID this bird

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx" <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:45:59 -0500

Graham -

Now that there is no clear opinion, you can supply details.  Exactly where, in
what habitat, what relative size (a Lark Bunting is waay bigger then a bishop,
etc.), behavior, etc.?   What was your initial ID / gut feeling about it?
Any calls or vocalizations?

To me, the bill looks too massive for House Sparrow, the wings do not look dark
enough for Lark Bunting in winter, and I have very little experience with
Bishop markings / plumages.

Clay Taylor
Calallen (Corpus Christi) TX
Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx