[texbirds] Re: Fwd: David Dauphin

  • From: "Charles W. Easley" <cwebirds@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 21:57:55 -0500

I was one of the lucky ones in the late 1960's to meet what I called the
"Houston Connection".
Comprised of David Dauphin, Victor Emanuel, Dennis Shepler, Elrick McHenry,
David Marrick
and a few others. They were young and eager to help birders like my-self,
who were starting
to understand birding and the total aspect of migration at High Island.
David was and remained
a friend, if David said something, you could take it to the bank, so to
speak. I'm a better person
for having been a friend of these people, and especially David. Jan we
have lost a great man!!

Charles Easley
Cleburne, Texas
Life TOS member