[texbirds] Fwd: Colorado County

  • From: Allenreyer <allenreyer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:15:38 -0500 (EST)

I've been trying to post on the listserve for almost a month now, without
success. I'lll try one more time, just to see what happens. As reported earlier
(unsuccessfully), I've got two female Rufous Hummers coming to my feeders
regularly. Also, the Red-shouldered Hawk nest in front of the house was blown
over this winter, but she has been busyly rebuilding and should be using it
again this year. Winter Wrens continue to roost at night under my patio deck.
Lastly, a Carolina Wren has just finished a nest on the front porch and has now
laid two eggs. Seems early, even for a Carolina Wren.

Al Reyer
Columbus, TX & Bellevue, NE