[texbirds] Fwd: Chambers-Galveston line in East Bay

  • From: Tony Leukering <greatgrayowl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:24:49 -0500 (EST)

 Additional confirmation.

Tony Leukering
Smith Point, TX

http://smithpointhawkwatch.wordpress.com/

http://aba.org/photoquiz/

-----Original Message-----
From: Chambers NatureTourism <chambersnature@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tony leukering <greatgrayowl@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Nov 6, 2013 12:18 pm
Subject: Re: [texbirds] Chambers-Galveston line in East Bay

Hi Tony - here is a map outlining the county limits - as you suggested .

this is on our website: chamberswild.com if you want to send people to a map.

http://chamberswild.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/chambers-outline2.jpg

See you next week! BTW: only 4 more days for your "Watchers" to enter the
drawing for cash and prizes . . . you might direct them to the flyers we have
there.

thanks,

~Keith

ChambersWild
Come Visit Our "Wild Side" for a Great Outdoor Experience
http://chamberswild.com/
Visit our Facebook page too!

Keith Godwin, Marketing Director
210-250-1260
ChambersWild/ChaRT
P.O. Box 699
509 Washington Avenue, Suite 3
Anahuac, TX  77514

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Tony Leukering <greatgrayowl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi all:

Because it's often a point of discussion at the Smith Point tower, I thought
that I'd put the whole topic to rest and go to the source.  This morning, I
asked the main guy at the Chambers County Roads & Bridges Dept (which is
responsible, I understand, for county surveying) where the Chambers-Galveston
county line is in East Bay.  He told me that the line is at the mean high water
line on the Chambers side, such that if you're in the water on the south side
of Smith Point, you are in Galveston Co.  However, Chambers has control of
nearly all of Trinity Bay, such that if you're in the water at Kemah, you are
in Chambers Co.

Enjoy,

Tony