[texbirds] Fwd: BirdsEye-Anahuac NWR--Shoveler Pond Loop-2015-10-7

  • From: Donna Kelly <dkelly163@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 07:35:45 -0500

While picking up trash around Shoveler Pond at Anahuac NWR we were treated
to a Marsh Wren/Sora/other rail symphony at the south west corner of the
loop. Crabbers had left quite a mess so we spent quite a bit of time in
that location.
Added treats were Leopard Frogs squealing as the leapt into the water and 2
lazy gators supervising our efforts.

I neglected to list the single Double-crested Cormorant seen at the bridge
at the beginning of the loop. He's been there 2 days in a row now.

From: Donna Kelly <dkelly163@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM
Subject: BirdsEye-Anahuac NWR--Shoveler Pond Loop-2015-10-7
To: Donna Kelly <dkelly163@xxxxxxxxx>