[texbirds] Fw: Thayer's Gull at Thompson's Fish Camp

  • From: "Alan Wormington" <wormington@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 20:45:35 GMT

This bird lacks a solid brown tail and distinct secondary bar on the wing,
which is not good for Thayer's Gull.  Also the mantle is too pale.

Hard to tell from just two photos at an odd angle, but it looks better for a
second-winter Iceland Gull to me.

More photos would be helpful, especially of the bird in flight.

Alan Wormington
Leamington, Ontario