[texbirds] Fw: Re: How in the hell does one bird Kenedy County?

  • From: "Alan Wormington" <wormington@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 04:25:20 GMT

Brush,

Fascinating reading ... I must try that road sometime.

I was going to mention that I have seen probably about 250 species (or more) in
Kenedy County, but only because I was lucky enough to be placed on an offshore
oil platform for 3 different seasons as part of the Migration-over-the-Gulf
project some time ago.  Truly some of the most interesting birding I have ever
experienced!

But Jay, getting to an offshore oil platform is essentially impossible unless
some specific project is going on.

I know this is all likely off-topic, so will not comment again on this subject.

Alan Wormington
Leamington, Ontario