[texbirds] Fw: Best Winter (and spring) Hawk-watching in Texas?

  • From: "Alan Wormington" <wormington@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:17:01 GMT

I have always found the far-northern Panhandle to be excellent for wintering
raptors ... lots of Ferruginous, Red-tails in every colour and type, Golden
Eagles, a few Prairie Falcons and "Prairie" Merlins, and good numbers of
Rough-legged Hawks.  Usually a Northern Shrike or two as well!

Alan Wormington
Leamington, Ontario

"Birding is getting goofier and goofier by the day!"