[texbirds] Future of Bird Tracking

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:31:46 -0600

I know some of us recently read about Red-necked Phalaropes migrating
between Scotland and the Galapagos Islands.  I don't know where I got the
increasingly odd ball sounding idea that creatures migrate north and south,
but perhaps a cruise ship is a better analogy (I just learned that tuna
migrate between the Mediterranean and Caribbean).  If you had wings, where
would you go?
The Guardian has more for the curious:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2014/feb/26/tracking-technology-birds

Texbirds post from 2019:

"Hey everybody I just got a text message saying our first Golden-cheeked
Warbler of the year crossed into Texas just now and looks to be headed to
Utopia... "

Graham Floyd,
San Antonio, TX