[texbirds] Frontera Audubon in Weslaco this morning

  • From: Pat DeWenter <hoocooks4you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:25:21 -0500

A short trip to Frontera Audubon today found some nice birds.  At the
feeding station area I saw a male BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER, BLACK AND
WHITE WARBLER, RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET and several Orange-crowned Warblers.
At the water feature near the visitor center there was a CATBIRD AND
CLAY-COLORED THRUSH eating Mulberries, which are just starting to ripen.
So that will be a good place to keep an eye out for migrants soon.

On 12th Street, just west of Frontera there were 6 Green Parakeets sitting
on the telephone wires, and they appeared to be paired up.  I will have to
keep an eye out for any nesting sites in that area.

Pat DeWenter
Weslaco