[texbirds] Frontera Audubon adult Zone-tailed Hawk on roost tonight in Weslaco

  • From: SeEtta Moss <seettam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 22:46:36 -0600

I didn't go to Frontera Audubon in Weslaco yesterday to look for the
Zone-tailed Hawks yesterday because I was participating in the CBC in
Harlingen.  I did go today and found the adult Zone-tailed Hawk roosting
tonight.  I got better photos since for the first time in days it was not
cloudy and misting/raining.  I have uploaded those photos onto my Birds and
Nature blog <http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com>.
I also found a Gray Hawk perched at dusk near Frontera Audubon so suspect
it was also roosting.

Saw a few interesting birds at Estero Llano Grande State Park today
including an Ovenbird, a Hermit Thrush (was told there were two that were
banded there today, and a Wilson's Warbler (missed the Northern Parula seen
there today).   I also got the best photos of a Common Pauraque ever as it
was in the sunlight for the first time when I have seen these roosting
nightjars and they are on my blog also.  Amazing what a little sunshine can
do for views and photos.

SeEtta Moss
Colorado birder staying in Pharr
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @