[texbirds] Frontera Audubon Thicket, 11/12/12

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:56:52 -0500 (EST)

Nothing too great today at Frontera Audubon Thicket in Weslaco.  I had heard a
report of a suspicious looking white-bellied hummer but didn't find anything
unusual.  The  Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet was hanging out by the feeding
station, but it ranges all over the thicket.  A Green Kingfisher was at it's
usual site in the long narrow pond with another near the east boundary ditch.
A Gray Hawk called but was unseen.  Warblers seemed to be arriving as I left at
noon.  Frontera is open 8AM-4PM Tues-Sat and noon-4PM on Sun.

Frontera Audubon Center, Hidalgo, US-TX
Nov 12, 2012 9:20 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)