[texbirds] Friday Lake Balmorhea

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:51:23 -0600

A 3 hour search of Lake Balmorhea around noon with my Dad produced:
NO Red-necked Grebe
Pacific Loon (with white flanks... /dreams of Arctic Loon lol)
x6 Horned Grebes (more than I've seen here before)
Bald Eagle (my first adult of the year)
Common Goldeneye (county bird for me)
x20+ Common Merganser (flagged by ebird)
x50ish American White Pelicans (beautiful in flight photos obtained)

Whomever said buy the best scope possible was right.  Having use of my
dad's Swarovski scope made a huge difference.

Graham Floyd,
San Antonio, TX