[texbirds] Freeport CBC: Sunday, December 21, 2014: Quintana Section: Second Call

  • From: Adam Wood <birdsondabrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:48:36 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Greetings Texbirders,

Hi, my name is Adam Wood and I am once again heading up the effort in the
Quintana Section of the Freeport CBC this year and I am still looking for
additional counters to help me cover the area. This area includes:

•The Jetty, where a good pelagic bird is always a possibility to go with the
usual Surf Scoters and Northern Gannets,
•The Neotropical Bird Sanctuary where a good lingering neotropical migrant
warbler is sometimes found or an extralimital Groove-billed Ani,
•The base of the jetty has been good a turning up an odd gull or two like Great
Black-backed and Glaucous in recent years with a potential for Thayer's or
California Gulls,
•There are also lots of water impounds that always hold a good variety of ducks
and grebes including a Horned or two.

So if I have peaked your interest and this area sounds interesting to you I
hope some of you all can make the count this year as it promises to be a good
one. The date of the count is Sunday, December 21, 2014 and the plan will be to
meet at the Quintana Neotropical Bird Sanctuary at 7:00 AM and break into teams
from there. If you need directions on how to get there please let me know and I
will provide them to you. If anybody has any questions please let me know.
Please respond to this email if you plan to participate in this area this year.
So I may keep track of how many counters I have. Thank you.

Adam Wood
birdsondabrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-515-1692