[texbirds] Flying over Austin

  • From: Jeff McIntyre <jeffmci9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds listserv <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Louise Phillips <lphillips@xxxxxxxxxxx>, John Hoogerheide <johnhooger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:37:02 -0400

Nothing spectacular, but fairly busy.  In 30 minutes in our driveway looking
north (12pm-12:30pm) I saw some birds overhead heading south: 5 Turkey
Vultures2 Black Vultures1 Red-tailed Hawk1 Sharp-shinned Hawk3 Killdeer -
awfully high and heading due south, so maybe migrating10 swallows - seemed like
rough-winged, but way up there and hard for me to tell for sure53
Double-crested Cormorants - groups of 3, 6, 14, and 30. Jeff
McIntyrePflugerville, TX