[texbirds] Re: Flycatcher? or? -> it's a Warbling Vireo

  • From: Kenny Anderson <kennya290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:23:50 -0500

I vote insectivore! Flies are insects and the bird is gray!
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you to the many, many responders! A lot of good tips along with
the calls. That helps a bunch.

On 4/19/2015 6:00 PM, Monte wrote:
Quintana gave us this today. At the risk of affronting certain
members I would like it if someone could ID this for us. I am pretty
certain by bill that it is a flycatcher, but cannot call the
specific. The white eyebrow/mustache just doesn't fit, for even a
gnatchatcher. The only thing in Kaufman's is a Gray flycatcher, but
they don't belong here. Sorry for the pictures it gave only a quick
look and never emerged completely from the underbrush.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t7BPQIpwQKw/VTQwUPAeIOI/AAAAAAAAGEk/ZVKfMnDKx3M/s800/IMG_1848.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LMoD9pkpPn8/VTQwUrdqOVI/AAAAAAAAGEo/kqFynGS-S3U/s800/IMG_1849.jpg

--
Monte Phillips TX Cty