[texbirds] Re: Fall shorebird migration, Corpus Christi

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arlie and Mel Cooksey <cooksey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:50:05 -0500

***
Mel:   I think it often far easier at inland locations tike turf farms
and WWTFs to detect that early fall migration.   I just got to Port
O'C yesterday and noted a handful migrant shorebirds but would have no
idea as to if they have been here the entire time I was away or not.
As I have posted previously, at least bak in my Hornsby days, the
first migrants began trickling in around July 3-4.  I would be curious
of that is still the case, but I think the place is closed due to the
compost fire (?)
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/