[texbirds] Fairfield Lake State Park

  • From: Gary Richards <grcolts@xxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 07:24:41 -0500

Spent several days in Fairfield Lake State Park (8/11,12 &13, 2015) and
observed the following birds:

Anhinga
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Cattle Egret
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Accipiter sp.
Red-shouldered Hawk
Sora
Least Tern
Mourning Dove
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Barred Owl
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
White-eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
American Crow
Barn Swallow
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird

Number of Species: 28

The weather was extremely hot, dry and windy. The park had a burn ban in effect
and the sky was crystal clear. In addition to the birds, I observed many
Perseid meteors at night.
Plus, was entertained by a chorus of coyotes, and raccoons, armadillos and
opossums paid me a visit in the campgrounds. There are lots of deer there as
well.

Gary RichardsEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at