[texbirds] Facebook and Texbirds

  • From: Sheridan Coffey <sngcanary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:02:26 -0800

****** MESSAGE POSTED TO THE OLD LIST *******

Dear all,
I belong to both Texbirds and Facebook. I use both regularly. I think we need
to remember no one is obligated to share any bird sightings. People do it as a
courtesy. I encourage my Facebook birding friends to share significant
sightings on the list server, but it is up to them. I like the immediacy of
Facebook and the ability to post photos. I certainly don't see anyone using it
as a method of circumventing the rules of the list. One thing that can be both
a positive and a negative is the ability to make short comments on the posts,
allowing some conversation. Sometimes it becomes cumbersome; sometimes its a
bit too personal, with private jokes, etc. Despite that, I enjoy it.

Sheridan Coffey
San Antonio, Tx
TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds
ttp://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/sngcanary