[texbirds] FOY Sandhills at the Cabin, Webberville. etc

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:01:08 -0600

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
 Just passed over, a flock of around 24 drifting north.   Was afraid I
would miss them here (Utley) this spring.  Just after dark last eve I heard
White-fronted Geese passing over as well as a Solitary Sand.later.  It was
a bright moon as I tended to the fire so easy to see the dark forms of a
pair of Screech Owls I squeaked in.   Kerri Chambers and I birded a bit a
Big Webberville Park this morning getting 43 species in a little over an
hour or so.   Two adult Bald Eagles on the nest, R. B. Nuthatch, Winter
Wren and a single White Pelican on the river.  But the real highlight of
the morning was a Zebra Swallowtail as I was cutting timber...What a jewel.
--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell