[texbirds] FOY Indigo Buntings at Home 4/10/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:00:56 -0400 (EDT)

We live just South of I-10 and about 2 miles West of the Old and Lost River
 bridge. We just had our first three of the year Indigo buntings feeding
out in  the yard. At the same time there were 19 Am. Goldfinches and 2
Chipping Sparrows  feeding at the feeders and on the ground. At least 4 males
are
almost  completely filled out into breeding plumage. Just a feather here and
there out  of place. We don't remember ever seeing them this far along
before they are gone  on their way North.

David and Jan  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers  County